Sidecar Cocktail Kit
The Sidecar dates back to World War I and appears in two classic cocktail books of the era, “Harry’s ABC of Mixing Cocktails” by Harry MacElhone and “Cocktails and How to Mix Them” by Robert Vermeire. Variations on ratios exist, but it is largely embraced today to be 2 parts Cognac, 1 part Cointreau and 1 part fresh lemon juice with a little sugar on the rim for good measure.
- 1 1/2 oz Martell VS Cognac
- 3/4 oz Cointreau Triple Sec
- 2 dashes Australian Orange Bitters
- 3/4 oz Fresh Lemon Juice**
Add all ingredients to a shaker and top with ice. Shake vigorously and stain into a Nick and Nora, coupe or Martini glass with a partially sugared rim. Garnish with a swath of orange peel.
- 1 bottle Martell VS Cognac(750ml)
- 1 bottle Cointreau (375ml)
- 1 bottle Australian Orange Bitters (125ml)
** Not included in our kit