Royal Waikiki Mai Tai Cocktail Kit
This tropical riff of the classic 1944 Mai Tai was made famous in the watering holes along Waikiki beach, most notably the Royal Hawaiian's Mai Tai Bar.
The magic that results when blending multiple rums, curaçao and orgeat (almond syrup) with lime juice is made even more refreshing when you add pineapple and orange juices. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and all of a sudden you are watching the kids take a surf lesson while you forget about the rest of the world.
Royal Waikiki Mai Tai
- 1 oz Bacardi Superior White Rum
- 1 oz Kōloa Kaua'i dark rum
- 1/4 oz Myers's Dark Rum
- 1/2 oz Giffard Orgeat
- 1/2 oz Torres Magdala Orange Liqueur
- 1/4 oz fresh lime juice **
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- 2 dashes Australian Orange Bitters
Combine all ingredients except the Myers's Dark Rum in a shaker with ice. Shake the drink aggressively and pour in a large glass with the ice. Float with Myers's Dark Rum and garnish with a pineapple wedge and a cocktail umbrella.
- 1 bottle Bacardi Superior White Rum (750ml)
- 1 bottle Kōloa Kaua'i dark rum (750ml)
- 1 bottle Myers's Dark Rum (750ml)
- 1 bottle Giffard Orgeat (1L)
- 1 bottle Torres Magdala Orange Liqueur (750ml)
- 1 bottle Orange Juice (10oz)
- 2 cans Pineapple Juice (6oz)
- 1 bottle Australian Orange Bitters
** Not included in our kit