Rob Roy Cocktail Kit
The Rob Roy was created in the 1890's by a bartender at New York City's Waldorf Astoria hotel, commemorating the Broadway release of the operetta of the same name. Essentially a Manhattan, but made with Scotch instead of Bourbon or Rye, the Rob Roy is favored among the "spirit-forward" crowd and was the the daily afterwork drink of Howard Stern's father, Ben.
The Rob Roy
- 2 oz Compass Box Artist Blend Scotch
- 1 oz Carpano Antinca Red Sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2-3 Luxardo Cherries
Stir all liquid ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a coupe or other glass of your choice. Garnish with a few Luxardo Cherry on a bar pick or simply dropped into the glass.
- 1 bottle Compass Box Artist Blend Scotch (750ml)
- 1 bottle Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth (1L)
- 1 bottle Angostura Bitters (4oz)
- 1 jar Luxardo Maraschino Cherries (14.1oz)