Manhattan Cocktail Kit
This classic's history is not entirely agreed upon. Did it originate at the Manhattan Club in the decade following the American Civil War at an event for presidential candidate Samuel J Tilden, hence the name "Manhattan?" (There are at least four other drinks named for NYC Boroughs. We are afraid to ask what might be in a 'Staten Island'...). Other say the drink has roots in the 1860's and was created in lower Manhattan by a gentleman going only by the name "Black."
Whatever the true origin, by the 1880's, the drink appeared in multiple drink guides with differing base spirits, but always with a few dashes of bitters and fine vermouth. In this kit, we focus on a classic recipe with Bourbon, Angostura Bitters and Dolin Red Sweet Vermouth.
The Classic Manhattan
- 2 oz Noble Oak 'Double Oak' Bourbon
- 1 oz Dolin Red Sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters ANGOSTURA BITTERS
Stir all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a coupe or other glass of your choice. Garnish with a Luxardo Cherry on a bar pick or simply dropped into the glass.
- 1 bottle of Noble Oak 'Double Oak' Bourbon (750ml)
- 1 bottle Dolin Red Sweet Vermouth (750ml)
- 1 bottle Angostura Bitters (4oz)
- 1 jar Luxardo Maraschino Cherries (14.1oz)